Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Temp update

Punkn.. Yes I have been to the simpson Desert and it is very beautiful even though it is so hot your clothes stick to you.
The changing colours of the sand during the day is amazing.

I am sitting here and is almost 10am wondering if I should climb into the oven to cool down. It is 102.2 F out already and rising.
I am trying to work out the easiest way to do my shopping today and stay cool. I have the most air conditioned shops on my list as last to go to so that I can sit down and have a drink while I decide which mobile or as you call them cell phone to buy.
Esch spilled a glass of coke over mine it worked for 2 days then just stopped. The problem is they dont make that phone anymore so I am going ot have to try and find one with the same features. The bonus is all the christmas sales have come out so I am hoping for a decent deal.

Speaking of christmas it is only 42 sleeps until Ho ho ho as Esch keeps telling me(something her mother taught her when she couldnt say christmas, doesnt go well when you have a lot of females walking past and Esch yells out look grandma Ho ho ho).

As Christmas tends to bring so much extra rubbish to the house we decided this year to have a huge cleanout beforehand so that we would have a clean slate christmas morning. We forgot to take into consideration how hot it gets around here now and the back yard is like a furnace to work in but we will get it done between many breaks in the pool LOL..

Last night when the sun set I decided to pull out all my pool rubbish and found a floating drink stand that I bought last year during the sales and promptly forgot about.
Fill the base with ice, slip it into the pool, climb on the sun lounge and just soak.
I think I paid around $40 for it. Anyway with excitement I showed it to Cassie, that was my downfall lol.
She asked me how I was going to keep it upright while I climbed into the pool and onto my floating sun lounge? I decided to prove to her that the drink stand would have been designed to stay upright. So we filled it with ice, I poured a glass of wine, placed it into the slot on the stand, slipped my dress off and slipped into the pool. The stand stayed afloat of course the movement made my lounge float to the other side so I waded over and grabbed it then back to my stand..I slipped onto the lounge and got myself steady to Cassie's roar of laughter ( I thought she was laughing at my elegant way of getting on the sun lounge) reached for the drink stand and missed. When I looked, there was my drink glass and drink stand sitting on the BOTTOM of the pool, so much for the word FLOATING on the box. Several words escaped my mouth and the drink stand is now sitting on top of the shed roof (where it got thrown in anger). We noticed this morning that a few birds have taken a liking to it so I guess I will add some water for them to have a drink or splash around in during summer.

3 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*laffz and places a "No Food or Drink" warning on this entry*

Intense Guy said...

Wow. $40 for a bird sipper and bath.

:)

Some folks is just tooooo clever!

Deanna said...

LOL I hope Cassie remembers her escapades with you.