Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Worms and such

Iggys blog on worms reminded me of Esch helping me weed the front yard a couple of weeks ago.

I came across some of these furry caterpillars whilst pulling weeds, picked one up and showed Esch, she was quite happy to run a finger along the hairs on them but wouldn't take one from me. So I threw it onto the road and next thing a maggie swooped down and the caterpillar became lunch. Esch loved this so much she decided to look for more. So my weeding became bird feeding.

Having almost depleted the front yard of the pesty caterpillars and weeds I come across a very fat earth worm and called Esch across, asking her to hold out her hand she did so until she saw what I was about to give her. Then she yelled at me Maggies grandbum (her new nickname for me) I took several minutes explaining we dont want to use the worms as feed we put them in the plants. SO then the hunt was on for furry's and worms, with me not finishing the weeding and the birds having a great feed and several large worms placed neatly in my plant pots.

7 comments:

LadyStyx said...

That's alotta creepy critters on that tree...

sexy41 said...

Sounds like you had a fun time with her. I sure had a laugh.

Hugs

Toriz said...

I'm not a big fan of "creepy crawlies" but bug hunting does still sound more fun than weeding. LOL!

Btw... Hi! I followed the link from Iggy's blog. :)

Ausgrl said...

Hi Tori welcome :-)

Intense Guy said...

You must have a lot of maggies or one very stuffed one that can barely fly!

Toriz said...

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Deanna said...

LOL Aus - Esch would have been on her own had this granny been doing the weeding. I hate worms almost as much as I hate snakes!

Sounds like you had a fun time with her.