Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here goe's I know this will offend someone I DONT apologise.

I have been checking the shout box off and on the past few days and am astonished at the comments made regarding your next president. Who I hope is Barack Obama, but not for me to decide it is your country.
However the post that really got to me was simply stated muslim for American president??? Thats crazy!!!
Thats statement alone is PREJUDICE at it's fullest.
Lets just stop here a moment and list some famous Americans that are Muslim, Mike Tyson, Shaquille O'neil, Keith Ellison US congressmen from Minnesota, Dr Robert D Crane Former Foreign Policy advisor, Author, C Jack Ellis former mayor of Macon GA, Malcolm X Human rights leader, Jermaine Jackson, Muhammid Ali boxer, Art Blakey, Dave Schappelle, Akon, Lewis Arquette, film actor, writer and producer Currently, there are an estimated 1.4 billion Muslims, making it the second largest religion in the world. Check out the pie chart at the bottom of the blog you may be surprised.

I then was talking to a black american at a game site I use. I asked him what he thought of the upcoming elections and as most say he wishes it was over and is sick of the constant advertising. But he also said he would like Obama as president. I wasn't surprised but I asked him why and his response was, because he is fair! I then said what about the fact he is moslem, he said he didnt give a rats arse about what his religious preferances were he just felt he could do a good job as president but felt that because Obama is black he wont get in. At this stage a few others come to watch our game only to end up joining in the conversation. Most of them black american but a couple of white americans as well, (I refer to them as black/white americans as this is how they referred to themselves)
I suggested a black, gay female moslem run as president. I got a good laugh from them and told that they loved my sense of humour, but I wasn't joking. Surprisingly enough it was the white American that said everyone would have kittens if they had a female with my criteria run as president. Back to the original conversation with my gaming partner though..Just to note Obama is his second preference, his first was poor old hillary. Simply because she is female and he felt she would have a different and possibly better slant on running the country. He may be correct we will never know now.

But back to the reason for this blog entry and my questions for anyone who has read this far and chooses to answer them.

So what if they are muslim or any other religion, so what if they are black, white, yellow or any colour you can imagine. Isnt it better to have someone who has a brain and is able to bring your country forward better than someone who sits with a sickly smile on their pug like face and does nothing to better your country?

Why is it ok to be prejudice against a person because of their religion? Why is it ok to be prejudice against a religion?
Why be prejudiced against anything, everyone, doesn't everything/everyone have it's/their own right to exist and believe what they want to believe?

Don't blame the religion look for the cause!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Aus, I don't understand prejudices at all. I didn't like what I saw on the shout box either. You probably won't be surprised that is about all we agree on, though. I am an ultra conservative American.

I don't understand those who expect special treatment because of the wrongs done to their "people" centuries ago (but then that is another topic entirely). I also don't understand people who want to be referred to as African Americans. That is as silly as me wanting to be referred to as German American. We are Americans. (but then that qualifies as another topic too, doesn't it). Jews, Irish, Germans, Christians, Blacks, Protestants, Catholics, Witches - all have been treated wrongly over the centuries. None of the above deserve special treatment because of those wrongs. None. I abhor prejudices of any kind.

I don't believe in Obama. It has nothing to do with his color or his religion. I think he is wrong for the job. He is wishy washy. He says what he thinks people want to hear. And he is pro-abortion. Murder is murder and I don't believe anyone who is for murdering our innocent children deserves to represent our country. And quite frankly, listening to things his pastor has said - the person Obama looked to as his religious mentor, and Michele's comment about first time she's been proud to be an American - I'm not sure he isn't anti-american.

The other thing I don't like is that he is playing the black card. He is half black/half white. We hear very little (nothing) about his white heritage. And if he looses (which I pray he does) I suspect most of his supporters will say people were prejudice. All I can say is, that is bullshit. If he doesn't win, then it means Americans voted the right person out.

Now, I'm glad we can agree to disagree! Huggssssss

Ausgrl said...

Thankyou punkn. As you can imagine we only see here what they want us to see re interviews etc so my knowledge of Obama is far more limited than I would like.
I think you and I agree on far more than you realise. I am anti abortion as well, I agree murder is murder no matter what fancy label you attach!!!
Also you know of my religious beliefs so you know the basis for my disgust is purely that I abhor prejudice and not that I am for or against the Muslim faith.

They need a woman leader and I find it comical that a lot of men I talk to now agree with me.

sexy41 said...

Very interesting to read, both yours and punkns. I so agree with punkn. I don't care the color of the person. I do know I won't be voting for Obama, but for most of the reason punkn said. I am anti abortion also unless it is for medical reasons. I hate the fact that we pay for women to have abortions. They use it like birth control. I am not against a women being President either, just wasn't my choice. But like punkn said after the election if he doesn't win it is going to be said we are all prejudice. Which I am not. I am also tired of the money they ALL spend on elections. I just want this election over with.