Thursday, February 12, 2009

words escape me.

My Aunt (Dads twin sister) was found in her car sadly she didnt make it. However 6 of my cousins are alive and well and have made it to my parents home.
Shocked and a little battle scarred but ok except for a few minor cuts and bruises.
We are just waiting on news of the last uncle and his family now.
They have 2 people in custody possibly being charged with arson and murder. News reports so far havent been able to state wether they are witnessess or the guilty.

I don't know how to feel at this point. I am happy to have cousins back but saddened at the loss of Uncles and Aunts. In total we had 20 relatives in the area.

2 Uncles and 3 Aunts have died.
6 cousins alive and well.
Waiting on 9 more family members to turn up alive and well.
My father is devastated as these are all his brothers and sisters.
I cant imagine losing so many siblings all at once.
He has headed to the area to try and find the others. Hoping they are in some of the temporary shelters that have been made available.

3 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

Words escape me too. ...and there is so little we can do to help you.

:( My thoughts are too feeble and prayer seems to be not enough.

AliceKay said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news, Aus. :( I was hoping they would be okay. Words escape me as well. *hugs*

Deanna said...

I find tears streaming down my face as I read this. I cannot imagine the magnatude of your family's loss.
I am so sorry and will pray for your lost ones and that your family finds the strength they need so badly.