Tuesday, December 23, 2008

xmas gifts and such

Well Christmas is as Esch tells me two sleeps away. I am wishing it was 200 sleeps away. A bit of a bah humbug this year.
I sat down and tallied up how much I spent on xmas gifts etc excluding the granddaughters gifts and then called Cassie in asking her approximately what she spent excluding Esch's. Had we skipped the gift giving this year we could have ALL gone on a nice 1 week holiday somewhere in Aus. Oh well maybe one year.

As most of you know I dont follow a christian faith so I dont exactly celebrate Christmas however I go through the motions for the kids / grandkids. We all have to choose our own path of belief. I do love giving gifts but I find it quite tacky the way the emphasis is on the buy and give and not the whole meaning of why Christmas is celebrated. Each year everything seems to be getting smaller in size but doubling in price.

We have had a lot pass on this year so we will be taking time to remember the ones that are no longer with us and cherishing the day with the ones we know will sadly not be here next year.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

I think that is one thing I will be happy about come new years eve...the end of this year - which has seemed very long and grueling.

Hope your kids and grandkids enjoy their Christmas - I guess it will end the Escher Treasure hunts huh?

Deanna said...

It has been a difficult year for so many. I, too, will be taking a moment to remember my loved ones who have passed on to a better place. It is good of you to celebrate the joy of your kids/grandkids. Huggsss to you.

AliceKay said...

Hugs to you and your family. I hope Escher enjoys her gifts. :)

LadyStyx said...

*HUGZ*