Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So Busy

Hi everyone, If anyone still reads this lol.
I have been so busy the last few weeks I am slowly building the wedding business and that keeps me on my toes.
After being in hospital from the hot oil burns to the arms I have had many things happening. I took Cassie and Esch for a drive to see how much damage there was out there from the fires and we found a very thin injured roo. So we collected him up in a blanket and bought him home with us, named him sparky as he had a lot of spark burns on his fur.
After taking him to the vet we spent the next week or so feeding and caring for him, Cassie had the unwelcome job of washing him.
Washing a roo isnt an easy task so after several attempts in the bathtub and under the house outside she decided the best way was to take him to the outside bathroom and put him in the shower and close the door.. Poor Sparky.
After Sparky upended the coffee table in the living room we decided it was better that he go to the Zoo before he caused injury to Esch or more damage to himself. He is on a special diet and in solitary confinement until he is strong enough to join the others and they have eliminated any diseases he may have.

I do miss him though it was kinda nice having a roo sleeping on the end of the bed in his little bag and bottle feeding was fun.
It wasnt until after he was picked up that we realised we hadnt taken any pics of him so once he is allowed out of solitary we hope to go visit and get some pics.


This week we held a memorial and funeral service for my Aunts and Uncles lost in the fires. It was nice to finally have closure.
Without going into detail all of their remains were not there so it was very hard to sit through the services and remain calm.

Well off to bed for me. But before I go Congratulations to Grandma AK and Grandpa Buns...

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Glad to see you back, Aus. Huggssss.

Tending to the roo was so sweet. You will definitely have to get pictures when you can.

I'm glad you and yours have finally gotten closure, though I'm sure the horrors will not easily go away.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

LadyStyx said...

YAY! What a wonderful surprise to see an entry from you today.

That roo musta been darling, too bad you missed on the pix but Im sure they'll allow you visitation rights to get some soon.

*HUGZ*

AliceKay said...

I check here from time to time to see if you've posted anything new. Thanks for the congrats. Terri and I are proud, happy and fortunate grandparents.

I'm glad you had a closure of sorts for your aunts and uncles. Had to be a tough time for all concerned. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Poor Sparky. He went from your fun house to solitary confinement... He's probably one confused Roo.

*Hugs* That service for your Aunts and Uncles must have been very hard on everyone. Make you appreciate the family around you all the more.

sexy41 said...

I also kept checking for postings, was getting worried. Am glad you are doing okay Aus.

Getting some closure is good, but still hard.

Would love to see a picture of that cute Roo you took care of.

Glad you are back Aus.

Hugs